Category: Insurance — Health, Life, Disability
Health insurance has always been a challenge for independent creatives.
One of the hurdles has been removed since the provision of the Affordable Care Act – that is, access to health insurance for people with pre-existing medical conditions.
Many of us have one foot in the business world and one foot in the art world; and unfortunately there are still plenty of hurdles to trip over.
It can still be confusing to understand options for health plans. It can be challenging to find a reliable source of advice to make the best choices. Perhaps now more than ever, it can be hard to find reliable professional guidance.
While we cannot promise discounted rates in this brave new world of the Affordable Care Act, we hope to make the challenge of finding an appropriate health insurance policy for your situation a little easier. Talking with an ASMP Health Insurance Exchange representative may help you eliminate barriers to getting the coverage you need.
ASMP Members have access to a dedicated team of licensed health insurance advisors and an online system through ASMP Health Insurance Exchange ( www.asmphealthplans.com ). It’s your choice, whether you prefer to discuss your options with a real live person, or, simply do it all online. ASMP Health Insurance Exchange is staffed by people who understand self-employed creatives and small studios, and you can reach out anytime for assistance.
Introducing the NEW ASMP Health Insurance Exchange
Get coverage you need in 3 easy steps:
- Assess your situation and find out if you are eligible for subsidies.
- Shop for plans ON and OFF the Public Health Insurance Exchanges.
- Apply for the health plan of your choice with or without subsidies.
All health insurance shopping tools in one place:
- Shop multiple quality carriers like: Blue Cross, Aetna, Assurant, Cigna, Humana and many others.
- Apply online or over the phone
- No medical questions asked
- All pre-existing conditions covered
- Access to the Federal and State Marketplaces
- Look at plans OFF the Exchange and decide what’s best
- Non ACA qualified plans are also available for $1,000’s a year in savings (tax penalty may apply)
- Employers can give access to Employees to shop as well and may contribute to their premium but this is not mandatory
Plans designs and access to product may vary by state.
How to Acquire Benefit
Click here to enter the ASMP Health Insurance Exchange or call 1-888-387-8220 to speak with a licensed and certified Exchange Specialist. Be prepared to provide your ASMP membership number.